- 2.4kg Tormeys Ham
- 1 x Onion halved and studded with whole cloves
- 1 x Stick cinnamon
- A few stalks of fresh parsley
- 4 tbs Molasses
- 40mls Fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- A few whole cloves
- First of all, work out cooking time for your ham. Allow 20mins per 450g plus 20 mins extra.
- Place ham in a large pan with cold water.
- Add halved onions studded with cloves, stick of cinnamon and stalks of fresh parsley.
- Bring to the boil slowly, cover and simmer for calculated cooking time less 15 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- Carefully remove ham from pan and allow to cool a little.
- Prepare glaze for ham by adding molasses to bowl along with cinnamon and slowly mixing in orange juice.
- Cut off rind carefully and evenly. Score fat in a diamond pattern using a sharp knife.
- Decorate the middle of the diamond shapes created with whole cloves pushing them directly into ham at intervals.
- Place ham in a shallow roasting tin.
- Spread glaze over skin using pastry brush or spoon. (you can protect the rest of the ham with foil if desired)
- Place ham glazed side up in oven and roast for 15mins. (Baste half way through cooking if you think necessary)